Thursday, September 12, 2019

Depressing, disheartening, dispiriting


A Personal Reflection and Thoughts: 

After weeks of researching abortion for this website, I feel sick. I feel like the evil in the world is so prevalent. I feel like the truth is being censored. I feel depressed after reading stories about babies left to die. I feel disheartened after reading stories about how women are proud of their abortions. Just look at photos of abortions and feel your spirit crush. I feel like hope is almost snuffed out by prevalent evil in this world. I dread logging onto this website to discover more bad news about abortion. I will continue to research even though the subject is grim. 

As I look up articles, it is obvious how biased the internet is. 20 links automatically pop up under a google search and every one is skewed pro-choice/pro-abortion. The truth is becoming harder and harder to find or even allowed on media. Articles and videos I remember viewing 10 years ago in high school and college have disappeared. I eventually got fed up, and started using a different search engine. I updated the United for Life Merced website with many pages and links because they are becoming harder to find under Google.  

Although I have to have a strong stomach to look up more devastating facts about abortion, I can only hope that change will come. Truth will win. Our Light will defeat darkness. Hope will not disappoint. Our weapon is prayer. Pray for abortion to end. 

Some facts with a bit of hope, but still devastating:

  • Approximately 879,000 abortions took place in the United States in 2017--down from 892,000 abortions in 2016 and 913,000 abortions in 2015. (retrieved from Abort 73)

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment